Basic Eligibility Qualification
The candidates should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate should be an Indian National
- Candidate should have passed/appeared** Bachelor degree or equivalent in the relevant field of Engineering/Technology from State Governments/MHRD approved institutions, with at least 50 % Aggregate marks* (at least 45% marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra State only)
- The candidate should possess Bachelor degree in the relevant course of Engineering/Technology as specified in the eligibility criteria of the concerned University for which admission is being sought to a particular Post graduate degree course/specialization.
* 'Aggregate marks' means the grand total of marks obtained by the candidate in subjects based on which the class declaration is made in the particular University from which the candidate is passing the qualifying examination. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. In case the percentage of marks in aggregate comes in fraction then percentage of marks in aggregate shall be rounded off e.g. 44.50-44.99 % shall be rounded to 45% and 44.01- 44.49 % shall be rounded to 44%marks. **- Candidates appeared for final year examination fulfilling the remaining eligibility criteria will be offered provisional admission subject to the condition that they will pass the examination with the required percentage of marks [at least 50 % Aggregate marks*(at least 45% marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra State only)] on or before 25th September 2014. if the candidate is failed and has applied for revaluation of the result in such cases the admission to such candidate will be given on provisional basis subject to the condition that he/she will pass the examination with the required percentage of marks on or before 25th September 2014. Undertaking from such candidates shall be taken for forfeiting the right of admission and fees paid in case of not securing required percentage of marks in qualifying examination. In case, the candidate fails to produce the results of the final year examination on or before 25th September 2014, then admission offered to such candidate will stand automatically cancelled and the fees (tuition, development and other fees) paid by the candidate of the academic year 2014-15 will be forfeited.
The candidates must ensure before applying for admission to the post graduate degree courses/specialization in Master of Engineering/ Technology in a particular University that he/she is eligible for admission to the programme of his/her choice as per the relevant Eligibility Rules of the concerned University.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission through CAP
Eligibility Criteria for admissions to Maharashtra state and OMS candidates
- Basic educational qualification as specified in Rule No. 2.1.
- Having Positive GATE Score valid for the period 15th March 2014 to 14th March 2015 in respective qualifying branch
* For more information, please visit http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/