Value addition and soft skill courses
- Department organizes value addition courses on Hadoop, .net, Java, advanced Java with the help of MNC companies.
- SEED InfoTech one of the Personality development institute conducted a one week personality development program for TE and BE students.
- MITCON consultancy and engineering services ltd. Conducted one week aptitude development program for final year students.
Curriculum and extra curriculum activities
- ASCII body provides platform to the students to develop and enhanced their skills by organizing and celebrating various events such as NSS, PRECISION 2K6, Guest lectures, Teacher’s day, Engineer’s day, and fare well function,
- Students of department have formed Computer User Group (CUG) in 2010.
- Department organizes industrial visits for every class at each semester.
- Prof. K. D. Tamhane had developed web portal for multiple institutes under PRES, loni.
- Prof. M. R. Kharde and Prof. B. B. Vikhe are incharge of ERP system for PRES, Loni.
- Departmental staff had developed various software modules such as on-line
- Examination, library, feedback system etc.
Achievements of staff:
- Prof. S. D. Jondhale and S. K. Korde received a grant of Rs 1 Lakh rupees for research proposal “Developing advanced crawler tool for the web ” from BCUD, University of Pune in year 2014 to 16
- Two research proposals of Prof. P. B. Vikhe and Prof. N. B. Kadu are short listed of worth Rs 5 Lakhs by BCUD, University of Pune in year 16-17.
- Prof. M. D. Nirmal honored to be chair persons and resource persons at State and National Level Workshops/seminars/conferences sponsored by S P Pune University.
- Prof. Anand K. Hase is Nominee Member of Computer Society of India (CSI) and organized Computer literacy program for Rural women from Maharashtra.
- Prof. M. R. Bendre and Prof. S. B. Tambe has been selected for Ph.D. program under QIP at SGGS, Nanded.